Please use our e-referral site to submit a patient referral.
Pediatric Endocrinology is a subspecialty of pediatrics dealing with metabolic and endocrine disorders in children.
UF Health Children’s Hospital is a national leader in providing exceptional care to children facing pediatric diabetes and other endocrine disorders. It’s no wonder that through our commitment to care, UF Health is recognized as one of the nation’s top 10 pediatric diabetes and endocrinology specialty programs, according to the 2023-24 U.S. News & World Report Rankings.
With some of the country’s leading specialists and researchers, our pediatric team is focused on bringing the latest research and most innovative treatments to the children who need them most.
Families come to UF Health from across Florida and the U.S. for the care we offer. UF Health has one of only a few centers for proton beam radiation in the country, a congenital heart disease center and experts in pediatric surgery and diabetes, to name a few.
UF Health physicians provide clinical consultative services for children with a wide variety of endocrine and metabolic problems in outpatient clinics, outreach clinics supported by telemedicine and to patients hospitalized at UF Health Shands Children's Hospital.
Our pediatric endocrinology team includes eight board-certified pediatric endocrinologists, two pediatric psychologists, three nurse practitioners and pediatric endocrinology fellows.
Division members direct the state of Florida-funded regional diabetes and endocrine program of Children's Medical Services and the state-funded Diabetes Research Education and Treatment Center.
Programs and services
- Infant screening program follow-up for hypothyroidism and congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Outpatient clinics for Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 diabetes comprising education, dietary counseling, psychological intervention and intensive therapy training, including insulin pump use
- Outpatient and inpatient management of cystic fibrosis-related diabetes
- Diabetes Camp programs during the summer and year-round family weekend programs throughout Florida
- Obesity & Metabolic Program for children with hyperlipidemia or obesity with comorbidities of the metabolic syndrome
- Diagnosis and treatment of growth disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders of sexual maturation
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders of bone and calcium metabolism
- Diagnosis and treatment of metabolic disorders affecting carbohydrate metabolism
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired disorders of the endocrine system, thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, ovaries and testes
- Diagnosis and treatment of Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Outreach clinics using telemedicine
- Intensive psychosocial support program for diabetes using telemedicine
- Community advocacy for children with diabetes and for the prevention of obesity
As well as providing first-class clinical care for children, our physicians are proud to participate in training the next-generation of pediatric endocrinologists.
Please contact your provider to schedule an appointment and they will determine if a telehealth visit is right for you. Our telehealth section will help you prepare for your online visit.
- UF Health Shands Hospital admissions
- Child-Life Program at UF Health
- Conditions and treatments
- Clinical Trials
Latest in Pediatric Endocrinology
June 21, 2023
University of Florida Health Shands Children’s Hospital’s diabetes and endocrinology program is now ranked among the nation’s top 10 by U.S. News & World…
UF Health Shands Children's Hospital, +1 more
UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital is ranked No. 1 in Florida, five specialties among nation’s best
June 14, 2022
Related video: UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital ranked No. 1 in Florida University of Florida Health Shands Children’s Hospital continued its remarkable…
College of Medicine, UF Health Shands Children's Hospital, +2 more