Built around the needs of the patient, the UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital is designed with safety and efficiency in mind. Patients have streamlined access to highly specialized, comprehensive outpatient treatment options and inpatient services in one location. They also benefit from outstanding faculty physicians and clinical experts collaborating in a world-class medical facility designed to meet their unique needs, with improved efficiency and operations as well as a welcoming, accessible design.
Inpatient features include:
General operating rooms (ORs)
- Three neurosurgery ORs
- Two neurosurgery ORs with intraoperative MRI capabilities
- Intraoperative MRI technology in the OR creates advanced imaging of the brain during neurosurgery.
- Real-time images of the brain during a procedure help guide the neurosurgery team to immediately determine more precisely if they have successfully removed brain tumors and other abnormalities, versus having to wait for a follow-up MRI and possible additional surgical procedure.
- This level of accuracy with the most technically advanced equipment helps us provide the best possible outcomes for our patients.
- Two neurosurgery hybrid interventional ORs
- Hybrid ORs enable surgical teams to accommodate several different procedures simultaneously. Patients with complex conditions do not need to be transported to different locations to undergo lifesaving surgeries or advanced imaging.
Pre- and Post-Operation Unit and Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- 38 pre/post-op rooms
- 16 PACU beds
- This is where patients go before they undergo a surgical procedure, and where they are taken for recovery following their procedure while anesthesia wears off.
- 48 private ICU rooms, equipped with patient lifts, bedside dialysis and surgical procedure lights to lessen the need to move patients; accommodations for family, including furniture (table top and sofa/bed).
- 48 medical/surgical private inpatient rooms with accommodations for family, including furniture (table top and sofa/bed).
- Natural light with wall-to-wall windows and original art that represents Florida landscape and nature scenes.
- Multi-level lighting, including a procedure light for clinical staff, ambient overhead light and a reading light for the patient
- Patient control of room lighting and window blinds from pillow speaker, which also contains TV speaker and nurse call button.
- Specially designed ''water-friendly ''or ''wet'' wheelchair-accessible bathrooms that accommodate support staff to aid patients.
- Infotainment system with large flat-screen TV monitor and interactive bedside tablets for patients and family members to use for patient education, hospital information and entertainment.
- The system allows patients and visitors to view details about their specific care team, access instructions and education assigned by their physicians and nurses and discover available resources at UF Health.
- It will also provide all standard TV channels, relaxation and white noise channels, and the ability for patients to stream their own media.
Outpatient features include:
Physician Outpatient Practices Located on First Floor
- UF Health Neurology – Neuromedicine Hospital
- UF Health Neurosurgery – Neuromedicine Vascular Hospital
- This is where our UF College of Medicine neuroology and neurosurgery teams provide evaluation, diagnosis and follow-up appointments for patients with brain diseases, including epilepsy, brain and spinal tumors, spinal deformities and stroke.
- This practice space is unique and patient-focused because of the co-location of our outpatient visits, diagnostic and procedure space all on the first floor. Our UF College of Medicine faculty from diverse neurological and neurosurgical disciplines collaborate closely and efficiently to share information and expertise.
- The space includes 31 exam rooms.
- Seven procedure rooms for teams to perform diagnostic services for outpatients of the neuro clinical practices, as well as for inpatients staying in the hospital.
- This is a unique set-up to have diagnostic services located in the same space for easy access by outpatients. It allows our teams to provide faster and more efficient care for patients in one location.
General Diagnostic Services
- Outpatient Lab — Blood Draw Station
- Pre-surgery clinic
- Radiology suite
- Roof terrace, located on the third floor, includes:
- An open terrace with beautiful views, offering fresh air and green space as a respite for patients, visitors, faculty, residents, staff, students and volunteers.
- Telemetry – a remote monitoring system outdoors for patients who need constant heart function monitoring. It gives them the freedom to leave their hospital rooms and enjoy this space safely.
- Healing Garden, Reflection Pond, Waterscape and Outdoor Walkway located in front of the hospital
- The Healing Garden and its original pond (opened with the UF Health Cancer Hospital in 2009) is now enhanced with an elegant waterscape
- A second, more rustic pond is featured with a pathway and metal gazebo overlooking a more rustic landscape with a lime rock spring/waterfall.
- Rush Lake is featured with a walking path for patients, visitors and staff to enjoy
- Sanctuary of Wisdom, located on the second floor, is designed for prayer and contemplation, inclusive of all religions and belief systems. It can be used by patients, visitors, faculty and staff.
- Raising Work at Hope Café
- Café dining options include a full-service salad bar and small stations with a variety of healthy foods.
- The area has plenty of indoor seating for patients, visitors and staff, plus outside terraces on both sides.
Conditions & Services
- Absence seizure
- Acoustic neuroma
- Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Aneurysm in the brain
- Arachnoid cyst
- Brain abscess
- Brain tumor - children
- Brain tumor - primary - adults
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cerebral aneurysm
- Cerebral arteriovenous malformation
- Cervical Herniated Disk
- Chiari malformations
- Chiari malformations
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Encephalocele / CSF leak
- Endoscopic skull base surgery
- Epilepsy - overview
- Epilepsy in children
- Febrile seizures
- Generalized tonic-clonic seizure
- Hemifacial spasm
- Herniated disk
- Lumbar Herniated Disk
- Medical Neuro-Oncology
- Metastatic brain tumor
- Movement disorder surgery
- Moyamoya disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Partial (focal) seizure
- Pediatric pituitary and skull base services
- Pituitary tumor
- Positional Plagiocephaly
- Rathke's cleft cyst
- Spina bifida - resources
- Spina bifida - resources
- Spinal AVM
- Spinal Cord Tumors
- Spinal Cord Tumors
- Spinal Deformity: Scoliosis and Kypthotic Deformities
- Spinal cord trauma
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Stroke risk factors and prevention
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Vagus nerve stimulation
- Vein of Galen malformation
To obtain a copy of your medical records from UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital, please contact 352.265.0111.
Pay your billconsult our billing section.
Calculating ExpensesUF Health hospitals provide price information to help you plan for potential out-of-pocket expenses.
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.
Financial AssistancePatients who lack insurance coverage or are unable to pay their portion of the healthcare services they receive may qualify for financial assistance based upon their income level.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.