Pain is the most common reason for a patient to seek medical care. Pain can strike at any age and for a variety of reasons. Persistent pain impacts quality of life, work, sleep and family interactions.
UF Health Pain Medicine physicians are board-certified experts who diagnose and treat pain. Our multidisciplinary approach includes:
- Physical therapy to strengthen and improve injured bodies.
- Counseling to decrease pain and medication impact.
- Minimally invasive procedures to eliminate or control pain generators.
Our focus is on improving the patient’s well-being and restoring their level of function. Our treatments are comprehensive and seldom require prescription narcotic medications.
Treatment may include:
- Consultations regarding appropriate pain medications with a focus on non-opioid pain adjuvants
- Pain Psychological counseling
- Medical or surgical referral
- Interventional pain therapies
Contact Us Today
Conditions & Services
- Cancer pain management
- Cervical Herniated Disk
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Compression fractures of the back
- Epidural injections for back pain
- Failed back surgery syndrome
- Herniated disk
- Intervertebral procedures
- Joint pain
- Low back pain - chronic
- Lumbar Herniated Disk
- Lumbar or cervical facet pain
- Neck pain
- Nerve block
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Radiofrequency ablation therapy
- Sacroiliac pain
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Spinal stenosis
To obtain a copy of your medical records from UF Health Pain Medicine – Springhill, please contact 352-265-7777.
Pay your bill
Services provided by the UF Health Pain Medicine are covered by most private insurance and managed care plans, as well as Medicare and Workers' Compensation. In addition, we also accept cash payments and payment with VISA and MasterCard for your convenience.
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.
Financial AssistancePatients who lack insurance coverage or are unable to pay their portion of the healthcare services they receive may qualify for financial assistance based upon their income level.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.