UF Health Rehab Centers create a safe environment that spurs individuals to manage their care independently.
The UF Health Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Institute is ready to serve your orthopaedic needs, including joint and soft tissue injuries, spine injuries, sports injuries, hand, shoulder and upper extremity injuries, foot and ankle injuries, pediatric orthopaedics and bone cancer. We offer progressive clinical services, radiology, physical therapy and rehabilitation treatment under one roof, conveniently located in the center of Gainesville.
UF Health Shands Hospital is rated High Performing for orthopaedic care by U.S. News & World Report.
The UF Health Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Institute provides comprehensive musculoskeletal services with compassionate care, treatment and counseling. We receive more referrals for musculoskeletal tumors than any other facility in the Southeast United States.
Patients coming to the UF Health Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Institute enjoy these benefits:
- An open, 10,000-square foot gym/treatment area dedicated to physical therapy
- A 1,000-square foot in-ground aquatic exercise pool
- A 1,000-square foot functional training area devoted to agility and return-to-sport activities
- A biomechanics lab to analyze the kinetics/kinematics of athletic motions for research/performance enhancement
Conditions and Services
- Shoulder, Knee and Hip Joint Replacement and arthroscopy, both robotic and traditional surgical options
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Hand, Shoulder and Upper Extremity Surgery and Microsurgery
- Sports Medicine
- Walk-in and After hours total orthopaedic care at ORTHOcare
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopaedics, including Scoliosis
- Spine Surgery
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Hand and Upper Extremity Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Digital Radiography, CT and MRI Scanners, Fluoroscopy
- Medical Massage
Rehab Centers, After Hours and Radiology
UF Health ORTHOcare offers access to highly skilled orthopaedic and sports medicine physicians seven days a week.
Our renowned team of surgical and nonsurgical orthopaedic physicians treat more than 100,000 patients and perform more than 10,000 surgeries per year.
Other UF Health Orthopaedics Locations
Specialty Care Practice UF Health Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine – Haile Plantation
Phone number:(352) 273-7001
Address:2846 SW 87th Way
Gainesville, Florida 32608
Specialty Care Practice UF Health Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine – Medical Center of Deltona
Phone number:(386) 457-6480
Address:3400 Halifax Crossing Blvd Suite 200
Deltona, Florida 32725
Meeting your health care needs
For your convenience and peace of mind
Aids and services are available to help people with disabilities communicate effectively.
Many of UF Health's properties have various branch ATMs and/or branch offices.
Baby-changing stations are available in many of UF Health's restrooms.
Options include Opus Coffee and Starbucks in the hospital atriums.
Patients and guests get free wireless internet access at UF Health hospitals.
The Garden of Hope, Sun Terrace, and other spaces help patients and families relax.
Gender-neutral, public restrooms are located throughout UF Health's properties.
UF Health provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English.
You can download a form or call (352) 594-0909 to have medical records mailed or faxed.
Smoking, chewing tobacco, or using electronic cigarettes is prohibited on UF Health properties.