The UF Health Sports Performance Center, or UF SPC, provides fitness testing, motion analyses, body composition and metabolic measures, exercise and nutritional programming and strength testing and training and more. All of our assessments are provided by faculty and staff who treat competitive and recreational athletes from all over the world, including Team USA athletes. Our leadership is fellowship-trained by the ACSM. If you want to improve your athletic performance, prevent injury or improve your physical ability to last a lifetime, contact us.
Staffed by UF Health faculty and clinicians with expertise in all aspects of the musculoskeletal system—including fellowship-trained experts in human physiology and nutrition, bioengineers, exercise physiologists and certified athletic trainers and coaches—our purpose is to help you achieve your individual health goals by providing personalized attention to your specific health needs, thorough analysis of your fitness assessments, and the coaching and training necessary to get you there.
Our services are ideal for those interested in:
- Beginning an exercise program
- Tracking changes in personal fitness
- Optimizing sport performance
- Reducing injury risk with sports
- Weight management
- Maximal VO2 fitness testing on treadmill or cycle with or without lactate
Services we offer
To learn more about the services listed below, visit our Tests offered page.
- Sport motion and gait analysis ($300 for 3D comprehensive services, consultations reports, high-speed videos, exercise, shoes and more - all inclusive) as well as motion analysis testing for any sport or activity
- Aerobic fitness testing - maximal VO2 fitness testing on treadmill or cycle without lactate ($150) or with blood lactate ($200)
- BODPOD body composition test ($60 for first assessment, $40 for repeat visits, free after fourth). Children under 18 are free.
- Skinfold test, seven sites ($20)
- Metabolic rate and energy expenditure ($60)
- Wingate power testing with lactate ($40)
- Personalized consults for exercise programming, nutrition, overtraining considerations, weight management ($160), plus relevant reports
- Strength testing on clinical strength machines ($50)
Please call us at (352) 273-7371 or email us at UFHealth-SportsPerformance@ufl.edu to inquire about other possible services.