The Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplantation and Leukemia Service, in collaboration with the UF Health Cancer Center, uses a multidisciplinary patient care approach that optimizes patient outcomes and satisfaction.
The Pediatric BMT program has successfully performed stem cell transplantation to treat a broad variety of malignant and benign hematologic disorders, including but not limited to:
- Acute leukemia, chronic leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromes
- Severe aplastic anemia
- Inherited bone marrow failure syndromes, including Fanconi anemia
- Hemoglobinopathies, including thalassemia and sickle cell disease
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (LCH)
- Primary immunodeficiencies
- Inherited metabolic disorders
Our program has also recently implemented haploidentical transplantation (from a parent or sibling) as a stem cell source for patients with leukemia and other malignant disorders who lack suitable matched donors.
Conditions & Services
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
- Acute myeloid leukemia - adult
- Amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia
- Aplastic anemia
- Autoimmune disorders
- Blackfan-Diamond syndrome
- Bone marrow failure syndromes
- Bone marrow transplant
- Brain tumor - children
- Chronic granulomatous disease
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML)
- Di George syndrome
- Fanconi anemia
- Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Infant leukemia
- Kostmann’s syndrome
- Lymphoma - Overview
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
- Refractory soft tissue sarcomas
- Severe combined immunodeficiency
- Sickle cell disease
- Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome
To obtain a copy of your medical records from UF Health Pediatric Blood & Marrow Transplantation Program — Shands Hospital, please contact 352-273-9120.
Pay your billconsult our billing section.
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.
Financial AssistancePatients who lack insurance coverage or are unable to pay their portion of the healthcare services they receive may qualify for financial assistance based upon their income level.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.