Family members and loved ones are important to the recovery process. We value the healthy, supportive role of family in successful treatment. Visitation hours vary from unit to unit, so please call the hospital at (352) 265-5497 to get specific hours for your loved one.
Things to remember when visiting someone at the UF Health Psychiatric Hospital:
- Children under the age of 14 are not permitted to visit on the adult psychiatric units.
- We ask that visitors adhere to patient confidentiality and not discuss any of the other patients they may see here with anyone else.
- All visitors must check in at the receptionist desk in the front lobby. Each visitor will be given a visitor’s badge. The badge must be worn and visible at all times.
- Parking for UF Health Psychiatric Hospital visitors is free. Parking lot is on the south side of the parking lot in front of the building.
- Please do not bring food items to the hospital for your loved one without special permission from his/her physician or nurse.
Upon admission to the UF Health Psychiatric Hospital, patients and families will receive information about the patient rooms, daily schedules, meals and meal schedules, what types of personal belongings are permitted on the units, medication needs and patient safety. If you have any questions, please ask a staff member any time during the admission process or afterward.
Conditions & Services
- Alcohol use disorder
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Barbiturate intoxication and overdose
- Bipolar disorder
- Cocaine intoxication
- Cocaine withdrawal
- Depression - overview
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Marijuana intoxication
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Opiate and opioid withdrawal
- Opioid intoxication
- Panic disorder
- Stress and your health
- Substance use
- Substance use disorder
- Suicide and suicidal behavior
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.