UF Health Telehealth: Overview
Whether it’s in your home, office or any other convenient location, our telehealth service brings our top-notch health care to you. A number of our practices now have the ability to connect you with our medical professionals, who can evaluate, diagnose and treat patients remotely using telecommunications technology that is secure and easy to use.
You'll need to download an application and complete a few steps in order to connect to your provider. Here's a step-by-step guide on what to do.
On the day of your appointment, you'll need to login. We've provided instructions and guides for different devices on how to connect and test your audio and video connections.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth, also known as telemedicine, allows patients to communicate with their physicians and health care providers via video on a computer, phone, or tablet. Additional telehealth support includes communication with your physician through myUFHealth. These virtual visits are a convenient and cost-saving way for patients to safely attend an appointment.
Which UF Clinics Offer Telehealth?
- At UF Health, a growing number of doctors and programs are offering telehealth services, including dentistry, pediatrics, and primary care for your convenience.
What are the Benefits of Telehealth?
- Improved access – Telehealth offers the ability to deliver care to more patients, while also giving our expert physicians the ability to reach patients who cannot visit our offices because of distance, limited mobility or other reasons.
- Improved quality – According to several studies, telehealth compares favorably with traditional, in-person visits when it comes to outcomes and patient satisfaction. In some cases, health care services through telehealth technology are reportedly better.
- Cost effectiveness – Telehealth decreases health care costs and increases efficiency through better management of chronic diseases, shared staffing, reduced travel times and fewer or shorter hospital stays.
- Convenience – Telehealth gives you more flexibility when it comes to scheduling appointments and in selecting the providers you want to schedule with. Patients can see and talk to their health care provider face-to-face using a computer, tablet or smartphone. Telehealth is an ideal option for follow-up appointments or for when you have minor health concerns.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions and Help page for some common issues people have connecting to their appointment.
We offer language interpretation via audio. See the list of available langauges.
We are also able to provide American Sign Language (ASL) interpretive services. Please schedule your doctor’s appointment at least three days in advance to guarantee availability of an ASL video interpreter.