2017 VolunTEEN Summer Program - Gainesville, FL
Thank you for your interest in our program. UF Health offers high school student ages 14-17 an opportunity to volunteer in a variety of areas throughout the hospital. VolunTEENS provide valuable service to staff members and patients while gaining valuable experience.
Applications for the 2017 VolunTEEN Summer Program in Gainesville has closed. Applications will be available in 2018 for the next VolunTEEN Summer Program. Please check back later for details.
If interested in volunteering at UF Health Jacksonville, please call (904) 244-4271 or visit ufhealthjax.org/volunteer/
Please complete VolunTEEN application process in the following order (available in 2018):
Complete the VolunTEEN application (PDF).
Complete the required online orientation.
Log into myTraining (Non-UF students will need to create a temporary account to access the online orientation materials. Click here for a guide to walk you through the process. Complete the following training modules:
- HIPAA & Privacy – General Awareness (UF_PRV800_OLT)
- Hospitality & Service Standards of Behavior
- UF Health Volunteer Orientation (UFHS_VS_VolunteerOrientation_OLT)
Print the certificate of completion for each training module. Certificates can be accessed by clicking on the small certificate icon next to each module listed in your “Training Transcript”.
Complete the Security & Confidentiality Form.
- Please write “Volunteer Services” in the box labeled “Entity or Department”
Read and Sign the Code of Conduct. Read the VolunTEEN Handbook.
- Just like employees, all volunteers are expected to follow UF Health’s Code of Conduct. Volunteers are also expected to have read the Volunteer Handbook and adhere to all policies and procedures outlined therein.
- During your interview, you will sign an acknowledgement form that you have read these two documents and agree to abide by them. Therefore, it is not necessary to print the last page from the Code of Conduct.
Obtain two (2) copies of medical records verifying the following:
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella: Documentation of two (2) measles/mumps/rubella vaccinations or serological (laboratory testing) proof of immunity to measles and rubella (German measles)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Verification of having Chicken Pox can be noted through medical documentation of the disease OR documentation of two varicella vaccinations.
Occupational Health Clearance:
Pick up the Tuberculosis (TB) Surveillance Form and Service Record form from UF Health Shands Hospital Volunteer Services (ground floor, room G153, use atrium elevators).
- You will fill out a form that helps Occupational Health determine if you need to take a Tuberculosis skin test. A majority of our volunteers will not need this test – Occupational Health will tell you if you will need to take one in order to be cleared.
- Take the form along with your immunization records (see the bullet below) to Occupational Health (Room 1004) between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Occupational Health Services will extend hours until 4pm on February 27-March 2, 2017.
- Clearance from Occupational Health must be done PRIOR to turning in your application.
Turn in completed application packet to the Volunteer Office.
- Completed application with parent signature (pages 3 and 4).
- Letter of Intent (Essay).
- One letter of recommendation (From a teacher, youth leader, mentor, etc.).
- Printed training certificates for Volunteer Orientation, HIPAA & Privacy, and Hospitality & Service Standards of Behavior.
- Completed Security & Confidentiality Form.
- Volunteer Service Record (with signatures from Occupational Health Services).
- Copy of Immunization Records (separate from the one provided to Occupational Health).
Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered! Make sure everything on the application checklist is turned in as one complete packet!