Thank you for your interest in our program. UF Health offers high school student ages 14-17 who have completed the 9th grade, an opportunity to volunteer in a variety of areas throughout the hospital. VolunTEENS provide valuable service to staff members and patients while gaining valuable experience.
If interested in volunteering at UF Health Jacksonville, please call (904) 244-4271 or visit ufhealthjax.org/volunteer/
Please complete VolunTEEN application process in the following order:
- Thank you for your interest. The online application has closed. Please check back in December 2019 for Summer VolunTEEN 2020 opportunities.
- The interest form has closed.
- Sign up for an Interview.
Interview invitations will be sent to select applicants by email on Friday, March 1st at 3pm. If you are selected to interview, you will need to complete the remaining steps below.
Obtain two (2) copies of medical records verifying the following:
Documentation of two (2) measles/mumps/rubella vaccinations or serological (laboratory testing) proof of immunity to measles and rubella (German measles)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
Verification of having Chicken Pox can be noted through medical documentation of the disease OR documentation of two varicella vaccinations.
- tDap: Documentation of tDap vaccination.
Obtain Occupational Health Clearance:
- Pick up the Tuberculosis (TB) Surveillance Form and Service Record form from UF Health Shands Hospital Volunteer Services (ground floor, room G153, use atrium elevators).
- You will fill out a form that helps Occupational Health determine if you need to take a Tuberculosis skin test. A majority of our volunteers will not need this test – Occupational Health will tell you if you will need to take one in order to be cleared.
- Take the form along with your immunization records (see the bullet below) to Occupational Health (Room 1004) between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Occupational Health Services will extend hours until 4pm from March 11-15, 2019.
- Clearance from Occupational Health must be done PRIOR to your interview.
Complete the required online orientation.
Log into myTraining (Non-UF students will need to create a temporary account to access the online orientation materials. Click here for a guide to walk you through the process. Complete the following training modules:
- HIPAA & Privacy – General Awareness (UF_PRV800_OLT)
- UF Health Volunteer Orientation (UFHS_VS_VolunteerOrientation_OLT)
Print the certificate of completion for each training module. Certificates can be accessed by clicking on the small certificate icon next to each module listed in your “Training Transcript”.
- Complete the Security & Confidentiality Form
Please write “Volunteer Services” in the box labeled “Entity or Department”
- Read the Code of Conduct
- Read the VolunTEEN Handbook.
- Just like employees, all volunteers are expected to follow UF Health’s Code of Conduct. Volunteers are also expected to have read the Volunteer Handbook and adhere to all policies and procedures outlined therein.
- During your interview, you will sign an acknowledgement form that you have read these two documents and agree to abide by them. Therefore, it is not necessary to print the last page from the Code of Conduct.
Bring all required forms and documents to your Interview.
- Printed training certificates for Volunteer Orientation, and HIPAA & Privacy.
- Completed Security & Confidentiality Form.
- Volunteer Service Record (with signatures from Occupational Health Services).
- Copy of Immunization Records (separate from the one provided to Occupational Health).
- VolunTEEN acknowledgement form
- Acceptance Emails
VolunTEEN acceptance and denial emails will be sent out by 5pm on Friday, April 19, 2019.
Incomplete submissions WILL NOT be considered.