- Children's Services
- Women's Services
Pediatric urologists treat children with male reproductive tract and male and female urinary tracts. The most common urologic condition in children is urinary tract infection. Other conditions involve malformations or obstructions of the urinary system.
Each young patient will undergo a comprehensive physical examination and medical history. Some of the child’s urine will be collected and examined. Diagnostic tests also may include blood tests, imaging procedures and urine flow analysis.
Urinary tract infection
The urinary system consisting of two kidneys, the bladder, two ureters and the urethra filters waste and excess water from the blood to produce urine. Bacteria may infect the urinary tract from skin around the rectum and genitals. Infections, usually accompanied by pain and fever, are treated with antibiotics and usually are cured within a week. Doctors may recommend additional tests to check for other abnormalities. Untreated or repeated infections can cause serious kidney damage.
For Referring Physicans
Children's Health Resources
- Admissions at UF Health Shands Hospital
- Admissions at UF Health Jacksonville
- Child-Life Program at UF Health
- Child-Life Program at UF Health Jacksonville
- Health Encyclopedia
- Clinical Trials
Children's Emergency Services
Children's Health Locations
- UF Health Shands Children's Hospital
- UF Health Children's Surgical Center
- UF Health Family Medicine - Eastside
- UF Health Family Medicine - Haile Plantation
- UF Health Family Medicine - Hampton Oaks
- UF Health Family Medicine - Magnolia Parke
- UF Health Family Medicine - Main
- UF Health Family Medicine - Old Town
- UF Health Pediatrics - Gerold L. Schiebler CMS Center
- UF Health Pediatrics - Tioga
- UF Health Pediatrics - Tower Square
- UF Health Pediatrics Neonatal Brain Team Clinic
- UF Health Pediatric Specialties - Medical Plaza
- UF Health Rehab Center for Kids - Magnolia Parke
Children's Health Providers
Browse our directory to find UF physicians and other health care providers offering children's urological services.