The mission of UF Health cardiovascular surgery is to provide the most advanced surgical options to heart and vascular patients. Our skilled team of surgeons, staff and world-class facilities provide excellent treatment to every patient that enters our doors.
Why choose UF Health?
UF Health cardiovascular surgery offers patients the most advanced, minimally invasive cardiac surgery options and technologies in a patient-centered environment. Cardiac care at UF Health includes the expertise of a multi-disciplinary team of cardiologists and cardiac and vascular surgeons who work side by side in the UF Health Heart & Vascular Hospital to care for patients with heart and vascular diseases. Our surgeons and cardiologists are leading experts in cardiovascular diseases and are at the forefront of the latest research, including multiple clinical trials for new devices and treatment options.
Some of UF Health’s cardiovascular surgery accolades include:
- Numerous “First in Florida” achievements, such as the first open heart surgery, first heart transplant, first artificial heart, first implanted ventricular assist device, first ablation for atrial fibrillation, one of Florida’s first TAVRs and Florida’s first combined heart and bone marrow stem cell transplant to regenerate heart muscle and function, among many others
- The availability of clinical trials, offering the most advanced treatments and therapies for heart and vascular conditions, many of which are only available at UF Health
- Opened the nation’s first computerized cardiac catheterization lab, equipped to treat both adults and children
- Designation as a Blue Distinction Center of Excellence by Florida Blue
- Recognized as a high performing hospital for cardiology and heart surgery by US News and World Report
Conditions and treatments
Cardiovascular surgery focuses on surgeries of the heart and great vessels of the chest. UF Health cardiovascular surgeons offer a wide range of surgical procedures and specialize in the following conditions and treatments: