Condition H provides patients, family members and visitors direct access to emergency response when there are sudden changes or concerns about a patient’s condition.
To activate Condition H, Dial #61
- Dial #61 on any hospital telephone and put on the call light.
- Identify the call as Condition H. Provide your name, location and reason for the response request.
- A rapid medical response team will respond to assess and treat as necessary.
When to Call
You can call for Condition H help:
- If a noticeable medical change occurs in the patient and the health care team is not recognizing the concern.
- If there is a breakdown in communication and/or confusion in the plan of care with the health care team.
- If you feel your concerns are not being heard and/or your needs are not recognized or met.
Warning signs that a patient is getting worse:
- Changes in the heart or respiratory (breathing) rate
- A drop in blood pressure
- Changes in urinary output (much more or much less urine)
- Change in level of consciousness
- Any time you are worried about the patient
Commitment to patient care
Our goal is to provide the best patient care. If at any time you have questions or concerns about the quality of care that you or a family member are receiving or have received at our hospital, do not hesitate to speak with your nurse or the nursing supervisor.
If you feel that your issue wasn’t resolved, please contact a Patient Representative at (352) 265-0123 with your compliments, complaints, or concerns. You may call at any time during or after your stay.