- Coming to UF Health
- While You're Here
- For Patients
- Going Home
Where to Stay
Patients and families traveling to Gainesville for medical treatment from UF Health Shands Hospital may need assistance in finding lodging for an extended visit. Here are some lodging options in Gainesville available to patients and families.
Hotels, Motels and Inns
UF Health Shands Hospital in no way endorses or recommends these hotels, but this lists and map below is provided solely for your convenience.
- List of local hotels & motels (PDF) provided by UF Health Patient & Family Services.
- Visit Gainesville, the official City of Gainesville website, also has a searchable list of hotels, motels, and inns, as well as other types of accommodation information like bed & breakfasts and camping information. View the Visit Gainesville list of Motels, Hotels, and Inns.
The Transportation, Lodging and Care Program
- The UF Health Transportation, Lodging and Care Program (TLC) is a list of local hotels that provide discounts and shuttle services available to patients and families who need to stay in Gainesville overnight.
- For a list of participating hotels and more information, please call 352-265-0005.
- Patients receiving a transplant at the UF Health Transplant Center may be required to stay near their health care providers for a period of time after discharge from the hospital.
- Patients who live further than one hour away from UF Health Shands Hospital may speak with a social worker about assistance with temporary housing. There is a limited amount of financial assistance for this service.
- UF Health maintains contracts with multiple apartment complexes and extended stay hotels which offer all-inclusive apartments at low cost to families who need to reside in the area.
Ronald McDonald House
- The Ronald McDonald House is a 30-bedroom house established for use by the parents and families of children being treated at UF Health Shands Children's Hospital and physician's medical practices.
- For a modest donation, families can stay at the house, located within walking distance of UF Health Shands Hospital.
- You can also ride the UF Health Shands Hospital Visitor-Parking Shuttle.
- The UF Health Admissions Department is happy to assist you with making arrangements to stay at the house.
- For more information, contact the Admissions Department at 352-265-0236.
Please contact the Department of Patient and Family Resources for information about lodging resources: (352) 265-0224.
UF Health Courtesy Shuttle and Public Transportation
UF Health provides a courtesy shuttle to the locations that are part of the Academic Health Center in Gainesville.
Maps and Directions
- Directions to our hospitals and interior maps to find your way in our hospitals
- Find directions to any of our medical or dental care clinics or facilities