UF Health has many locations that are operated by UF Health Shands Hospital. These locations are licensed and regulated as part of the hospital and are called Hospital Outpatient Departments, which are licensed and regulated as part of the hospital in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and The Joint Commission.
How You Are Charged For Your Care
Because services are provided in a department of the hospital, patients will see two sets of charges on their combined UF Health statement:
- A hospital charge referred to as a facility fee or technical fee;
- A physician or service provider charge referred to as a professional fee.
Each patient’s insurance plan is unique to that patient and contracted provider. Your insurance plan may cover services differently for a hospital-operated department, which could impact your copays and deductibles. We recommend that you review your insurance benefits or contact your insurance provider to determine what your policy will pay and whether you will need to pay additional out-of-pocket expenses.
It is important to let us know if you have a supplemental insurance because this insurance may cover any co-insurance responsibility. If you are enrolled in a stated medical assistance program (Medicaid) your co-insurance personal payment may be reduced or eliminated by law.
UF Health HOPD Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a facility fee?
Hospital-Operated Departments and Provider-Based Departments charge facility fees to cover the higher costs of operating these departments in compliance with the requirements of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and The Joint Commission. This fee is for costs associated with your visit, including supplies, the services of nurses, therapists, social workers, pharmacists, technicians and other clinical and clerical staff, as well as the cost of training health care professionals at our facility.
- Will my appointment be different at a Provider Based Departments?
No. Patients will continue to receive excellent quality care with their physician and other medical professionals. Scheduling appointments and tests will be handled in a seamless manner.
UF Health Shands Hospital Outpatient Departments List
- UF Health Shands Hospital
- UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital
- UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital
- UF Health Heart & Vascular Hospital
- UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital
- UF Health Children’s Surgical Center
- UF Health Dialysis Center
- UF Health Endoscopy Center
- UF Health Florida Surgical Center
- UF Health Hearing Center – The Oaks
- UF Health Infusion Center – Medical Plaza
- UF Health Emergency Center – Kanapaha
- UF Health Medical Dermatology – Springhill
- UF Health Medical Lab – Rocky Point
- UF Health Pain Medicine – Ayers
- UF Health Shands Presurgical Center
- UF Health Pulmonary Diagnostic Center – Medical Plaza
- UF Health Radiation Oncology – Davis Cancer Pavilion
- UF Health Radiology – Medical Plaza
- UF Health Rehab Center – OSMI
- UF Health Rehab Center for Kids – Magnolia Parke
- UF Health Rehab Center - Hand and Upper Extremity – OSMI
- UF Health Rehab Center – Norman Fixel Institute for Neurological Disorders
- UF Health Rehab Center – Magnolia Parke
- UF Health Rehab Center – Medical Plaza
- UF Health Rehab Center – Haile Plantation
- UF Health Rehab Center – OSMI
- UF Health Shands Emergency Center – Springhill
- UF Health Women’s and Diagnostic Imaging – Springhill
- UF Health Wound Care and Hypoerbaric Center at Magnolia Parke